Landscape Committee Chair: Robin Davis – email@example.com
Board Liaison: Claire Eberwein
The committee meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7:30 p.m. at the Association Office.
To advise and assist the Board of Directors as directed by the Board of Directors in developing and administering an ongoing program for the Parkfairfax Condominium community to preserve, maintain, and improve the green spaces.
In fulfilling its responsibility, the committee will perform functions including, but not limited to the following:
1. Work with the General Manager and Director of Operations, as directed, to develop a green spaces management program that includes proposing rules and guidelines for adoption by the Board of Directors.
2. Assess conditions and needs of the green spaces and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
3. Undertake volunteer work projects, under the Director of Operations, as determined by the Board of Directors.
4. Based on the assessed needs, review and comment on management-proposed annual operating budgets and priorities for Association green spaces prior to submission to the Board.
5. Participate with the Director of Operations in proposing, evaluating bids and reviewing contracts let by the Board of Directors for work and maintenance in the green spaces.
6. Review and comment on actions recommended to or by the Board of Directors that could impact the Association’s green spaces.
7. Engage the Parkfairfax community through volunteer activities that foster good stewardship of Association green spaces. Educate the Parkfairfax community through nature walks, seminars, demonstration projects, publications and articles in the Forum, regarding approved Parkfairfax programs and policies.
8. Recommend suitable plants for use in limited common element areas and develop a list of invasive and other undesirable plants for inclusion in appropriate Association policies.